YouTube is partnering up with VR Scout and VR Playhouse to invest in YouTuber 360 VR content creators. The VR Creator Lab is a three month program YouTube Space in LA, Playa Vista CA.
VR Creator Lab
YouTube is taking applications for the VR Creator Lab which is for content creators to learn about the production and workflow of VR creations. Participants will receive advanced education from leaders in the VR field. Mentoring from experts instructors and $30,000 – 40,000 in funding towards the production of their dream projects.
The VR Creator Lab will start off with a three day bootcamp. The bootcamp will be full of workshops, coaching, pre-production and social activities.
Following the bootcamp over three months each YouTube channel participating will produce at least four experimental VR videos and one behind-the-scenes video. The partners and Google will be providing the funding, cameras and audio gear, stage and mentorship to make these videos successful and soar with views.
The collaboration includes elements from creator selection, curriculum development, production and content promotion. YouTub eis thrilled to partner with two leaders in the VR creativity space, VR Scout and VR Playhouse.
|June 21, 2017||Application window closes|
|week of July 1||Lab participants are accepted and notified|
|August 7-9||Boot Camp at YouTube Space LA|
|August 28||Cohort gathering 1|
|September 11||Cohort gathering 2|
|September 25||Cohort gathering 3 + video 1 publication deadline|
|October 9||Cohort gathering 4|
|October 23||Cohort gathering 5|
|November 6||Cohort gathering 6|
|December 11||All videos’ publication deadline|
|December TBD||Screening party|
Qualifications for Applying
Participating channels must meet the following criteria:
- have produced and published at least two 360° videos to their channel
- have a YouTube channel with at least 10,000 subscribers (or 1,000 subscribers if registered in the YouTube Nonprofit Program).
- have no current copyright or Terms of Service strikes on your qualifying channel(s)
- complete an “Unlock the Space” orientation (this can be done after acceptance to the Lab, if not already completed)
- all participants must be at least 18 years old
- the channel is not for a consumer brand
More info here.